Tuesday, June 15, marks the first day of the 2016 SSM Health Leadership Conference in St. Louis, where leaders across SSM’s four-state system will join together “Building Community from the Inside Out." More than 550 high-performing system, regional and market employees were selected to attend.
On June 15 and 16, attendees will hear from a number of external speakers on topics about fostering and building community in their respective industries and throughout the world. Sr. Mary Jean Ryan, FSM, Past President/CEO of SSM Health, will also share her insights from nearly three decades of dedicated service.
Eight employee and physician keynote speakers and two volunteer keynote speakers from across the system who were nominated by SSM Health employees will also share their inspirational and moving stories. Four patients will also share their touching experiences about the care they received from SSM Health.
A ceremony on June 15 honors one of SSM Health's most sacred traditions--the "missioning" of its new leaders. This year, six leaders will be called upon as models of SSM Health's Mission and Values.
- Steven Burghart, president, SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital
- Travis Capers, president, SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - St. Louis
- Donna Jacobs, president, SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - Audrain
- Laura Jelle, president, St. Clare Hospital, Baraboo
- Kevin Lewis, MD, president, St. Anthony Physicians Group, Oklahoma
- Matthew Sojka, MD, president, SSM Health Medical Group, Southern Illinois
The conference will also give attendees an opportunity to give back during a special "Gratitude Hour" and experience an interactive speaker-led workshop.
The final day of the conference concludes with an awards gala to honor recipients of two SSM Health honors--the Innovators Award and Mission Excellence Award--that recognize exceptional innovation and Mission across the organization.